ride_4ever: (HCL)
[personal profile] ride_4ever
Happy 30th Canadian Anniversary, Hard Core Logo !

On this day 30 years ago -- September 20, 1996 -- the Canadian music mockumentary Hard Core Logo had its Canadian premiere at Cinefest Sudbury. (Its international premiere was in May of 1996 at the Cannes Film Festival and its general theatrical release was on October 25, 1996.)

Hard Core Logo on Fanlore

Note: the Fanlore entry does not contain spoilers. Other sites, for instance Wikipedia, do contain spoilers.

Date: 2026-09-21 01:15 am (UTC)
mergatrude: (hcl - sweet profanities)
From: [personal profile] mergatrude
Wolfpack of two! Time for a rewatch, methinks. Thanks for posting this. ♥

Date: 2026-09-21 02:32 am (UTC)
dine: (dandelion)
From: [personal profile] dine
oh, man, I love that movie! don't know how many times I've watched it, though it's been a while. I remember reading the book too, way back when. time to rewatch, maybe

Date: 2026-09-21 04:27 am (UTC)
dine: (post-its - neversince)
From: [personal profile] dine
I'd forgotten about the 'making of' book - I believe I read that too. a circle of us locally were massive fans, holding watch parties, majorly getting into Headstones, and sharing the related books

Date: 2026-09-22 04:45 am (UTC)
dine: (leverage Alec 2 - cyphersushi)
From: [personal profile] dine
I know I was at that BP, but don't think I made the watch party - bet you all had fun once the tech stuff was sorted!

Date: 2026-09-21 02:37 am (UTC)
isis: (ckr/hd hairsex)
From: [personal profile] isis
OMG 20 years?!!!??

Date: 2026-09-21 05:33 am (UTC)
verushka70: By @violateraindrop for @lgbtrainbow and posted to@iwillnotdance (Default)
From: [personal profile] verushka70
I can't believe it's been 30 years. But then again I can. I first bought HCL on VHS tape. Then I bought it again on DVD. I don't know how many times I've watched it. I lost count. Joe/Billy Forever.

Date: 2026-09-21 06:19 pm (UTC)
verushka70: By @violateraindrop for @lgbtrainbow and posted to@iwillnotdance (Default)
From: [personal profile] verushka70

Yes, so was my first copy of Curtis's Charm. You could still get VHS tapes back then. People were still doing VHS tape trees. HCL came out during CKRs time on dS, during the original broadcast.

It did not come out (theatrically) in the US, but it was released in Canada. And the minute it was available for purchase (in Canada), people in dS F/K fandom (including me, but later for me - not immediately on release) bought it. Some of them shared it online too... which is why I still have an AVI video file of it, somewhere in my cloud space. ❤️

Date: 2026-09-22 01:47 am (UTC)
viridian5: (Hard Core Complicated)
From: [personal profile] viridian5
I can't forget that I first saw it when a fan friend showed me it along with For Those Who Hunt the Wounded Down and a dark movie featuring David Thewlis. That was one bleak afternoon....

I related hard to the band stuff in HCL, and I lived in a similar area with similar people to For Those Who Hunt the Wounded Down for a few years.

Date: 2026-09-22 02:30 am (UTC)
viridian5: (Ray)
From: [personal profile] viridian5
Whoa, not quite that dark. It was Naked.

Profile

ride_4ever: made for me by oldtoadwoman (Default)
ride_4ever

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  1234 5
6 789101112
1314151617 1819
20 212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 06:23 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios